Thursday, April 16, 2009

May God Make You a Saint!

Whenever St. Alphonsus Liguori had had the last straw and was at his wit's end with somebody, he would always say: "May God make you a saint!"

This is not the touchy-feely, mushy-gushy sentiment that it may appear to be on the surface. More often than not, God has to drop anvils and safes and 16-ton weights and all kinds of catastrophes on us in order to break us of whatever it is that's keeping us from becoming saints. So whenever St. Alphonsus prayed God to make somebody a saint, I bet he added -- silently -- something along the lines of: "And may He get me out of the way when He does it!"

So, since I'm having a hard time remembering to do so myself, please help me pray for all the people who are driving me up the wall this week and next week. May God make them all saints. And may He get me out of the way while He does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment