Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Belated Earth Day!

Damn, I forgot all about Earth Day, the present-day incarnation of the birthday of Lenin, who, in this 1895 mugshot, looks every inch the punk kid brother of Satan.

I'll have to burn some extra light bulbs and run my internal combustion engine a little longer than usual today as a belated celebration. But I wish I could do more to expand my carbon footprint to truly Al Gore-esque proportions. I'd like to be a business tycoon, so I could build some oil refineries, or maybe even a nuclear power plant. I'd like to own all the Sonic franchises, so I could distribute thousands and thousands of drinks every hour in styrofoam cups. I'd like to be married, so I could have a big bunch of kids and contribute to overpopulation.

For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens (He is God!), Who formed the earth and made it (He established it; He did not create it a chaos, He formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other. I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in chaos.' I the LORD speak the truth, I declare what is right.

Isaiah 45:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment